Sometimes when the soul is weary
Im caught in the knowledge Im supposed to fear thee
But then I just go about spending my hours wasting my time
Till the voice and breath of God is released in a rhyme
The soul longs for rest, I cant give it that
My brain, my mind is consumed by the world's math
And Im told that there is a solution breathing deep within the word
And if I come to him and speak, my prayers will personally be heard
But the boy's heart cant bring himself to his knees
Rather seek that peace in the things of me
And sometimes when you are restless the last thing you want to do is to sit and wait
Dont want to sit and wallow in the hate
That is brewing within
Somehow, Im sure, connected to my continuous sins
But the voice of God in conquers straight through
Teaching and preaching in the hearts of me and you
His voice emits from our mouths, from our tongues and our lips
In our actions, our thoughts, into our hands like a gift
But the heart is unsure and the mind wants something else
the heart is directionless and the mind just needs help
But the prayer of God powers through
And in your heart, a new song starts to grew
A love song, about me and you
About the air and the breeze
About how our souls can break free
About the way a man runs across a field
Love expresses itself in the reflection of steel
And I realize, I try to escape the love of God
I try to fight the one that not only created us all
But breathed his life into our souls
So that we can realize that LOVE is our end goal
He shows it through everything
Through the songs we sing
Both in church and at home
In the pews and when we are alone
In the organs and violins
And the hardcore rhymes which helps you feel the sting
And even though we often equate this beauty to the others
Trying to open our eyes is the great heavenly Father
My eyes are closed, my hands stretched out reaching for something new
But I fail to realize you've planted a tree in me that keeps bearing more fruit
Each piece new every day
Each piece rediscovered in a fresh revitalizing way
And hes penetrating through my mind and fingers
Like the holiest and most majestic of singers
But my heart doesn't feel it
Do you understand when I say my soul can't really conceive it?
I know what you are saying to me, trust me
But maybe I am still learning to believe that its good to be free
Trapped in the system of authority
Maybe I've yet to fully understand that all you've ever wanted was me
Maybe my prayer is bittersweet
But maybe right now thats where you want it to be...
No comments:
Post a Comment